There are so many different diet and exercise books, magazines, videos and websites out there that getting the right answers can feel overwhelming and difficult. It is more important for you to keep things simple when you are trying to lose weight, so break down your needs into simple numbers that you can achieve. There are ways that you can best lose weight just by walking every day. Here is a basic idea for how you should walk for weight loss and overall good health:
* Try to walk between 30 and 60 minutes at a maximum heart rate of between 50 and 70 percent. This is the ideal recommended amount of walking for health and weight loss.
* When you first begin walking, you should set out to follow an easy pace for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
*You should consider stopping and participating in some flexibility or stretching exercises as you walk.
* You should strive to walk at the target heart rate for a period of between 30 minutes and 60 minutes.
* You should spend five minutes cooling down by walking at a slower pace than how you were walking before.
* When you are finished walking you should engage in some gentle stretching.
* If you want to engage in a longer walk, then you should walk between 30 and 60 minutes at the target heart rate and then slow down to complete the additional minutes like 90 minutes or 120 minutes at a more comfortable pace.
* If you cannot initially walk for this long, it is okay. Just strive to walk as long as you reasonably can, and add a minute or two every day until you can comfortably walk for between 30 and 60 minutes at the desired pace. Increase your distance and duration consistently over time for the greatest results and benefits for your health and well being.